Friday, March 2, 2012

Thankful and Blessed

Whew! What a week!!!

Monday night I went to bed feeling sick and I was up on and off all night and Tuesday with a terrible stomach virus.  I hardly ever get sick and I cant remember the last time I had a stomach virus. The big concern with having a small baby is her getting sick too. Especially since I am the source of all her food I have to hold her and cuddle her.  Luckily my mom was able to come over on Tuesday and play with her so I could get a couple of naps in.  Well the stomach virus skipped Harper. When I would nurse her she would get the antibodies my body was producing to rid of the virus. Oh the power of breast milk! But unfortunately the stomach virus did not skip my poor momma :( She was trying to help me and ended up getting the bug.  She says she would do it again for me. A year ago we almost lost my sweet mom and I dont know what I would do without her. She has helped me out so much. Proberbs 31 says, "Her children arise up, and call her blessed".  Thank you God for my Momma!

So from Sunday night to Wednesday night Harper and I didnt leave the house and we were ready to get the heck out of here. Thursday we went to bible study and lunch at the First Electric community room with around 15 women and it was really nice to be around other women of faith.  After the lunch we went to the Perryville park and walked around with Stephanie and another young momma. We enjoy our weekly walks where we can talk about our similiar situations and offer support and friendship towards each other.  I am always so happy after these walks. It reminds me of a quote from Legally Blonde said by Elle, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." Thank you God for placing people in my life!


On top of everything going on, David has began working late this week. Its the worst part of the month.  He will have to work late all week.  On normal weeks we look forward to him coming home around 6 and I get to take a shower and get some stuff done I normally cant with Harper (11 weeks old now!).  And she looks forward to seeing a new face, she gets tired of looking at me all day long. But during close weeks we are in bed when he gets home and we might see him for a minute in the morning.  So we are really looking forward to this weekend of spending some time together. Thank you God for husband and daughter!

On another note, its pay day!!! And I am buying this little beauty for Harper.
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=537330&cmSource=Search


Yours in Christ,
Little Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment