Thursday, May 3, 2012

Reading Rainbow


David and I received a Kindle Fire for Christmas.  You can really get into some trouble by buying books if you dont watch it. When Harper was a newborn I hardly ever slept and it seemed all she did was eat and sleep. I nursed and rocked her a ton in then nursery. This gave me a lot of time to read. (Now, not so much) So first I read The Hunger Games trilogy. I loved the first two and thought they were amazing the third one was just okay to me. But I read them all in like a week.
So after that I was still on my reading spree. I read the first 3 books of the Karen Kingsbury novels. She is a christian author who writes fiction about the Baxter family. I love them and I am looking forward to reading more. The reason I havent read the 4th is I wanted to start checking them out on my Kindle through the library. I finally got a library card, now I just have to set it up to the library system.  Then I will be onto the 4th in the series.

A few months ago in the fall I had the opportunity to hear The Duggars speak at the Abundant Life Pregnancy Banquet. I had David buy me their newest book "A love that Mulitplies" so I could have Jim Bob and Michelle sign it. I am almost finished reading it. I love a lot of their parenting styles. I love that whenever one of their children are in trouble they make the child look them into the eyes when they get on to them.  Michelle says, "If you dont have their eyes, you wont have their hearts". Another thing they do that I really like is every night they have "bible time".  Jim Bob reads them the bible and they talk about their days and what they are going to do the next day. Their book is encouraging and inspiring.
Michelle and I, she was pregnant with Jubilee and I was pregnant with Harper in October or November.
I have also began a daily bible study with God. I have been saved since I was 8 years old and I have never set up a daily "quiet" (not so quiet) time.  I started with reading a chapter of Proverbs every day out loud to Harper when its nap time.  She usually squirms and hollers but I get that special time with God. Then I pray and have conversation with God.  I have now moved on over to Ecclesiastes and will keep on going. This isn't a post about how proud I am of my relationship but more like how ashamed I am that I am just now beginning this daily bible study.  I am really enjoying these daily readings and I am yearning for more.  Jesus said in Matthew 4:4, "Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God" 

Okay and last but not least here is my little sweetie sleeping so sweetly. She is growing up so fast. She has gotten two little tooths in the bottom front. Teething has been so hard. She rubs her face and chews on everything. I hate seeing her in pain. Nothing I was warned about lol
Angel baby at 4 months

No comments:

Post a Comment